COCA COLA BEAR GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
OPEN TO EVERYONE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING U.S. TERRITORIES, FLORIDA AND NEW YORK)
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW
- This Coca Cola Bear Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Associated Students UCLA (“Sponsor” or “ASUCLA”). The Sweepstakes begins at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time on December 14, 2020 and ends at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time on December 16, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor respecting the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- To be eligible to enter, you must: (i) be a legal resident of the United States (excluding U.S. territories, Florida, and New York); and (ii) be at least eighteen (18) years old, all as of November 18, 2020. Any person who is an employee, contractor, officer, director, agent or other representative of Sponsor, or of any of its affiliates or agencies, and involved in the administration of this Sweepstakes on behalf of Sponsor, as well as all members of such person’s immediate family and persons living in the same household with such person, are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is void in all U.S. territories, Florida and New York, as well as outside the United States and where prohibited by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER.
During the Sweepstakes Period, follow @uclastore and tag unlimited friends in the comments.
Unlimited entries allowed per person. Entrants must have a valid email address in order to enter the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. Any entrant who does not provide the required information in the entry form may be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- PRIZES. Two (2) winners will be selected as described in Section 5 Each winner will be given a Coca Cola stuffed bear.
Additional prize award details will be provided to each winner at the time of notification.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Two (2) winners will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted on or about October 29, 2020, by or on behalf of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The winners will be notified via the winner’s instagram channel provided upon entry, and will be informed of all of the prizes described above then remaining for selection by such winner. Each such winner will then be required to provide his or her mailing address and the Release (defined in Section 7 below) within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of such notification from Sponsor. The winners will be notified, sequentially, until all winners have selected a prize and have provided their respective mailing addresses and release, and until two (2) prizes have been accepted. If Sponsor cannot locate a particular winner within ten (10) calendar days following the date of Sponsor’s first attempted notification, or such winner fails to provide his or her mailing address or complete the Release within the allotted time period, such winner will forfeit his or her ability to choose a prize and the next highest place winner will be contacted in accordance with the process set forth in this Section 5. If fewer than two (2) prizes have been awarded to the two (2) originally drawn winners, alternate winners (other than the original two winners) will continue to be drawn, one at a time, in a random drawing conducted by or on behalf of Sponsor from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will conduct alternative drawings in accordance with the foregoing, as needed, until two (2) prizes are awarded and accepted. two (2) prizes will be awarded, but in the event any such prize is unable to be awarded to a winner, a prize of equal or greater value will be provided to a charity of Sponsor’s election.
- ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning one of the prizes will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- OTHER TERMS REGARDING PRIZES. All costs associated with delivering the prizes to the winners are the responsibility of Sponsor. Any other expenses, including all federal, state and local taxes (if any) associated with a prize, will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Upon request by Sponsor, each winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, and Liability and Publicity Release (“Release”) to Sponsor. No prize is substitutable except by Sponsor in its sole discretion with one of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable, and may not be redeemed for cash. Lost or stolen prizes will not be replaced; the winner will bear all risk of loss or damage to his or her prize after the prize has been delivered. Any gift cards awarded as prizes are for promotional purposes only and are subject to all terms and conditions of their respective issuers. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE. By accepting a prize, each winner grants Sponsor the right to use each such winner’s name, voice, signature, photo and likeness for advertising, publicity, promotional and other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- OTHER TERMS. Sponsor’s decision is final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes, including matters occurring because of unintended printer, mechanical, human or other errors. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant releases Sponsor from all costs, claims, damages or injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including death) due in any manner to participation in this Sweepstakes or use of any prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Entrants may not use any device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that Sponsor and its affiliates and agencies, as well as the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing: (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, incidental, consequential or any other indirect damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any typographical, clerical or other errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Liability for any prize containing printing or other errors is limited to replacement with another prize. Sponsor is not required to distribute more prizes than as stated in these Official Rules. If the Sweepstakes is compromised by circumstances that otherwise interfere with or corrupt the intended operation, security or fairness of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to discontinue, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes and to proceed to distribute the prizes in a manner that it determines, in its sole discretion, to be fair and reasonable.
- GOVERNING LAW. Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law.
- DISPUTES. Except where prohibited by law, any action arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and conducted before a single arbitrator, all pursuant to the AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”), which includes payment by Sponsor of many of the fees associated with such arbitration, whether initiated by Sponsor or you. The arbitration shall be held at a location in the state in which you live. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated (or otherwise disputed) on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only Sponsor’s or your individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IS HEREBY WAIVED. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Official Rules, if the amount in dispute arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules is less than the jurisdictional maximum of a small claims court applicable in the state in which you live, you may bring an action in such small claims court for such dispute, which will be in lieu of arbitration or an action in any other court.
- NO SPONSORSHIP. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any of the following entities: Instagram or Facebook.
- DISCLOSURE OF WINNERS. For the names of the winners of this Sweepstakes, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by November 30, 2020, to UCLA Store’s Coca Cola Bear Giveaway Sweepstakes Winners List, 308 Westwood Plaza, Room 220, Los Angeles, California 90095.
- SPONSOR: Associated Students UCLA, 308 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90095.