The Associated Students UCLA and the UCLA Store receive several hundred requests for donations each month. We wish it were possible to honor all of them since most are very worthwhile causes. Please know that all requests are given serious consideration. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, the following guidelines must be followed to assure fairness.
The Association will only consider in-kind donation requests from:
- UCLA Student organizations,
- University departments programming student-related events wherein students will be the majority of attendees, and
- K-12 schools and groups.
UCLA Student organizations and university departments meeting the above eligibility will be granted in-kind donations based upon the in-kind donation guidelines set forth below. K-12 schools and groups will only be provided with UCLA information packets and pennants. (Due to NCAA regulations, we are unable to fulfill requests that would benefit students in grades 9-12. This includes all high school auctions and events).
The Association will consider requests for promotional support for fundraising drives on a case by case basis based upon the promotional support guidelines set forth below.
The Association will consider requests from eligible UCLA Student groups within the following parameters:
- The Association will give priority consideration to eligible groups that 1) are not able to secure funding through the Student Union Event Fund, Interaction Fund, or any other campus fund, 2) are engaged in activities, programs, conferences, and other events that are focused primarily on the educational development of students, 3) have not received donations from ASUCLA in the past, and 4) are programming a non-annual, student-related event.
- The average retail value of the in-kind donation does not significantly exceed $200 per group.
- Any merchandise being used as raffle and door prizes must be awarded to current students.
- Eligible groups may only apply for and receive a donation once per quarter.
- The Association will not be able to consider additional requests once the maximum quarter and annual budget amounts are reached. Any exigent exceptions will need majority Board approval. All requests must be submitted to the Executive Director’s Office. Eligible groups will need to complete a Donation Request Form that includes contact details, scope of the organization applying, and details about the initiative.
- Donation Request Forms must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the date for which the donation is needed.
All requests should be submitted to: email@example.com.